John Patrick Foley, CFP®
John focuses on helping young professionals and women in business throughout the Greater Boston area create personalized financial strategies for retirement, investment, tax management, college savings, risk management, and estate planning. He also works with small business owners set up or enhance their business’s retirement plans. His goal is to use his knowledge and experience to help clients understand and feel empowered by their money. Before joining E3 in 2013, John was a financial advisor at Ameriprise Financial where he started his financial planning practice in 2005.
John lives in Arlington, MA with his wife, Susan, whom he married at Fenway Park in 2012, and their black cat, Salem. Together, John and Susan run Arlington Newcomers and Neighbors, a group that connects new residents and longtime-locals to each other and to the community. John holds 10-game season tickets to the Red Sox and Bruins and has participated in the Movember Foundation’s annual mustache-growing challenge every year since 2011 to raise money and awareness for men’s health issues.
- Bentley University in 2005, magna cum laude, BA in Economics and Finance
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional
- Chartered Financial Consultant® (ChFC®)
- FINRA General Securities Representative Examination Series 7
- FINRA Uniform Combined State Law Examination Series 66
- Investment Adviser Representative of Commonwealth Financial Network
* Based on 10 objective eligibility and evaluation criteria, including a minimum of 5 years as an active credentialed financial professional, favorable regulatory and complaint history, accepts new clients, client retention rates, client assets administered, education, and professional designations. 2,467 Boston wealth managers were considered for the award; 622 (25 percent of candidates) were named 2017 Five Star Wealth Managers. (The criteria provided reflects the most recent year for which advisor received the award. The criteria used, the number of wealth managers considered for the award, and the percentage of those who receive the award, may vary from year to year). These awards are not indicative of the wealth managers’ future performance. Your experiences may vary. For more information, please visit www.fivestarprofessional.com