John Patrick Foley, CFP®
John focuses his financial planning practice on helping couples plan, consolidate, and manage their retirement money. He started saving at a very young age, opening up his first checking account at 8 years old! An interest in saving and investing lead John to take some business classes in high school, fascinated with learning about how stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and credit cards work. While attending Bentley University, he landed an internship at a local top-tier financial planning office where his passion for helping others with retirement planning really grew. Upon graduation in 2005, John started his financial planning practice, joining the E3 team in 2013.
John and his wife, Susan, are avid Boston Red Sox fans and were married at Fenway Park in 2012! They currently live in Arlington with their black cat, Salem. John holds 10-game season tickets to the Red Sox and Bruins and has participated in the Movember Foundation’s annual mustache-growing challenge every year since 2011 to raise money and awareness for men’s health issues..
- Bentley University in 2005, magna cum laude, BA in Economics and Finance
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional
- Chartered Financial Consultant® (ChFC®)
- FINRA General Securities Representative Examination Series 7
- FINRA Uniform Combined State Law Examination Series 66
- Investment Adviser Representative of Commonwealth Financial Network
* *Based on 10 objective eligibility and evaluation criteria, including a minimum of 5 years as an active credentialed financial professional, favorable regulatory and complaint history, accepts new clients, client retention rates, client assets administered, education, and professional designations. 3,619 Boston area wealth managers were considered for the award; 566 (16 percent of candidates) were named 2019 Five Star Wealth Managers. (The criteria provided reflects the most recent year for which advisor received the award. The criteria used, the number of wealth managers considered for the award, and the percentage of those who receive the award, may vary from year to year). These awards are not indicative of the wealth managers’ future performance. Your experiences may vary. For more information, please visit www.fivestarprofessional.com.